This week, we made a trip to Costco for proteins and got our CSA box on Wednesday. A fully stocked kitchen makes my meal plan even more important.
Here is the game plan for the week:
- Brunch - Out with girlfriends
|Early Bird Cafe Buckwheat Pancakes|
- Dinner - Argentine BBQ Party at Ariel's
- Asado steaks chorizo sausages from El Gaucho cooked to perfection by grill master Ariel
- Choripan My non-NCGS friends ate the chorizo with French bread as a sandwich
- Grilled red onions You'd be amazed at how sweet and addicting these are. Just lightly salted and oiled, then grilled over Mesquite coals.
- Chimichurri I am known to bring fresh herb sauce to BBQs, especially South American ones. My original inspiration from chimichurri was from this recipe, but I make it so often now I just wing it each time. This time around, I made it with:
- 3 small bunches flat leaf Italian parsley
- 3 tbsp dried organic Oregano flakes (fresh dried from my herb garden)
- 1/4 red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves organic garlic
- Juice from 1 lemon
- A few sprinkles of red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- EVOO to desired consistency I like it as a thick dressing; between the viscosity of a paste and a runny mixture.
- Dessert - Layer Cake Bakery
- Mini cheesecake with gluten-free graham cracker crust Pretty good
- Coconut macaroon cookie
|The Argentine Grill|
|Layer Cake's GF Cheesecake|
- Dinner - Cold weather calls for hot noodle soup
- Rare Steak Pho at Pho House Pho is gluten-free if its made the traditional way with just beef (or pork) and its bones. I called the restaurant ahead to make sure they do not make their broth with any pre-made stock, fish sauce, or soy sauce. Don't add hoisin as it contains wheat. Sriracha is safe. MSG is almost always included at Asian restaurants; it's gluten-free, but doesn't make me feel great sometimes afterwards.
- Lunch - Using leftover rotisserie chicken and unused celery stalks.
- Lemon chicken noodle soup Note: I do not recommend using quinoa pasta in cooking this soup as it doesn't hold up well. Actually, I don't really like quinoa pasta at all.
- Dinner - Making a gluten-free flour mix from scratch for pastry dough. Detailed post to follow.
- CSA Pick Up Day Here is a list of what I got
|My Pick Up Location|
- Dinner - Grinding whole spices in my Magic Bullet gifted by my BFF
|Photo & Recipe by Nick Kindelsperger|
- Coffee and Pepper Crusted New York Steak
- Grilled zucchini
- Grilled pineapple
|Photo & Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'|
- Swiss Chard Pesto pasta
- Dinner - Attending a wedding at Vibiana. I requested "gluten-free" for my meal. Crossing fingers...
<3 Congratulations to Diana & Marvin! <3
|Photo by Adrienne Gunde|
- Dinner - Cooking dinner for my Dad who is back from a business trip
If you have any ideas on how to spruce up my salads with typical lettuces, please comment below!
Enjoy your meals this week.
- Red leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce
- Dressing made with Black Garlic This hot,trending fermented garlic was gifted to be my Frieda's. I just saw it at my local Albertson's.
- Organic Greek yogurt with Persimmon slices
- Ricotta cheese, citrus zest, honey, nuts
- Persimmon chips If there's any leftover
- Roasted yams
- Fresh kiwis
- Apple & cucumber, etc.
- Grapefruit & kale, etc.
Enjoy your meals this week.