This week, we made a trip to Costco for proteins and got our CSA box on Wednesday. A fully stocked kitchen makes my meal plan even more important.
Here is the game plan for the week:
- Brunch - Out with girlfriends
|Early Bird Cafe Buckwheat Pancakes|
- Dinner - Argentine BBQ Party at Ariel's
- Asado steaks chorizo sausages from El Gaucho cooked to perfection by grill master Ariel
- Choripan My non-NCGS friends ate the chorizo with French bread as a sandwich
- Grilled red onions You'd be amazed at how sweet and addicting these are. Just lightly salted and oiled, then grilled over Mesquite coals.
- Chimichurri I am known to bring fresh herb sauce to BBQs, especially South American ones. My original inspiration from chimichurri was from this recipe, but I make it so often now I just wing it each time. This time around, I made it with:
- 3 small bunches flat leaf Italian parsley
- 3 tbsp dried organic Oregano flakes (fresh dried from my herb garden)
- 1/4 red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves organic garlic
- Juice from 1 lemon
- A few sprinkles of red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- EVOO to desired consistency I like it as a thick dressing; between the viscosity of a paste and a runny mixture.
- Dessert - Layer Cake Bakery
- Mini cheesecake with gluten-free graham cracker crust Pretty good
- Coconut macaroon cookie
|The Argentine Grill|
|Layer Cake's GF Cheesecake|