|Sautéed Chicken with Lemon Parmesan Kale & Red Quinoa|
My Recipe for Chicken
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- You can buy at Trader Joe's, Mother's Market, Whole Foods
- Substitute chopped chives for scallions
- Make use of my newest herbs in my garden
- I recommend using the scallions
- 1/2"-1" peeled ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- I used 3 breasts (1lb. total)
- 1/4 lemon wedge
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2. Optional - Lightly pound out breasts with meat tenderizer (fancy kitchen hammer) just until you achieve even thickness to help even cooking. Don't go too thin, or it will overcook and become dry.
3. Lightly salt and pepper breasts.
4. Add the chicken to pan. Cook, until you see bottom half of breast opaque, 5+ minutes. Flip to cook other side, another 5+ minutes. Sprinkle chives and cook until just wilted, 10 to 15 seconds. Squeeze lemon juice.
Here is the original recipe from NY Times