Monday, December 30, 2013

Meal Plan | Week of 12-29-13

This will be the last meal plan of 2013. Wow, I can't believe it!

Even with the holidays, I've been trying to stay on track with cooking at home. Since I have a couple days off this week, I'm going to go a little "all out," especially with the baking.

I bought my proteins from Sprouts. My CSA is still on break, so I'll be getting my produce from Winder Farms.


Organic Produce Box Items:
3 Apples
2 D'Anjou Pears
4 Kiwi
1 lb of French Fingerling Potatoes
1 Bulb of Fennel
1 Bunch of Carrots
Lettuce
1 Bunch of Broccoli I still have two heads of broccoli from last week, too. Any ideas aside from soup & roasting? Please comment below!


Sunday

Breakfast
Persimmon Bread Pudding Recipe to follow later
Lunch
Potato Leek Soup I completely failed on this one. It became indelibly gummy due to over-processing in my Vitamix
Dinner
Bourbon-Molasses Chicken Drumsticks (as promised on my prior meal plan)  
Organic Lacinato Kale with leftover orange miso dressing (plus a fresh squeeze of lemon juice)

Monday

Dinner
Honey & Soy Glazed Salmon A perfect use of my new organic & raw honey
Salad with pears, fennel, & toasted pine nuts
Soo Jeung Ga (Traditional Korean Spiced Persimmon Punch) 

Tuesday (New Year's Eve)

Dinner
Chicken Apple Sausage Soup (includes gluten-free cornbread)
Slow-Cooker Apple & Pear Butter (for leftover cornbread) 

Wednesday (New Year's Day)

Breakfast
Family gathering at Uncle's Sadly, I can't partake in the tradition of eating Korean Rice Cake & Dumpling Soup because the broth is not gluten-free. The food is usually ready when we arrive, so I'll need to prepare my own meal in advance. 
Dinner
Lauren's Amazing Meatloaf with ground bison & turkey I wasn't able to make it last week as I planned
Roasted Carrots with Thyme
Herb Potato Salad 
Kiwi Soda with vodka 
Italian Cheesecake with orange  

Thursday

Dinner Hubby is working late, so it's minimal

Broccoli Parmesan Fritters 
Friday Date Night

Saturday

Dinner 
Pork Chops or Pork Tenderloin with leftover Bourbon-Molasses BBQ Sauce

What have you been cooking or baking during this busy season? I'd love to know. Leave a comment below.

No comments: