Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Meal Planning ~ Week of 9/8/13

It's been about three weeks since I've been eating gluten-free. This week, I am going start a detox program to help heal my small intestines from gluten-related damage.

The diet is very strict and basically only allows fresh meats (no eggs), veggies, and low-sugar fruits. Paleo peeps, welcome me temporarily to your family.  

I went to the farmer's market and Sprout's today to pick up organic ingredients for me to cook meals and juice this week. I am usually accustomed to shopping for 1-2 days at a time, so it will be challenging for me to commit to almost a week's worth of food in order to minimize waste.

Here is my general game plan for this week. Detailed recipes to follow.

Meals

Wednesday
  • B - Canadian Bacon & raw, sliced organic heirloom tomatoes that I bought from the Brea Farmer's Market ($3/lb.)
  • L - TBD
  • D - Sauteed pork chops & baked organic spaghetti squash
Thursday
  • B - Baked sweet potato (made night before)
  • L - Dinner leftovers
  • D - Sirloin Steak, organic baby spinach salad & organic baby tomatoes
Friday
  • B - Sliced heirloom tomatoes + TBD
  • L - Dinner leftovers
  • D - Cauli rice + protein TBD
Saturday
  • B - TBD
  • L - Dining out with bestie
  • D - Baby Shower

Juices
  • Green Juice I: Organic baby spinach, organic cucumber, organic celery, organic baby lemon
  • Green Juice II: Organic beet tops, organic cucumber + fruit TBD
  • Green Juice III: Organic lacinato kale, organic cucumber, organic celery, lemon, honeydew melon
  • Beet Juice: Organic raw beets, organic kale, apple, ginger
  • Carrot Juice: Organic carrots, lemon juice, water

Snacks
  • Carrot sticks
  • Cantaloupe sorbet

Salad Dressing

Green Goddess: Avocado, garlic, parsley, olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, champagne vinegar, shallot, basil (some or all of ingredients)


3 comments:

Wedding Consultant said...

Hi. Look at food pics in my Instagram. Like months ago. When I 1st started this Diet. April 1 2013. I photographed lots I'm surprised he is letting u eat night shade veggies Like tomatoes. Your intestines will get healed. Best of luck. Karen.

Wedding Consultant said...

Ps. Karen Jewell. I think you follow me on Instagram.

Jane Oh Kim said...

Hi Karen, you're right. Nightshade is restricted, but I cheated. I'll be sure to check out your pics. I am very open to ideas.