Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Whiskey Sour with Thyme and Blueberry

Credit: http://whippedtheblog.com

I made cocktails when our friend, Mike, came over last week to hang out with my husband and me. I knew I wanted to make a whiskey sour with thyme simple syrup.

I started Googling and came across this interesting recipe for a Bourbon Blueberry Thyme Cooler. I had bourbon in my pantry and fresh thyme from my herb garden on hand. And, luckily, I had just bought a large container of fresh blueberries, so it was the perfect opportunity to use the excess.

Recipe

(Serves 2)

Instructions

Shake all ingredients together with ice for a minute. Fill glasses (recommended chilled) with ice and pour over top. Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme.
 Note: It is important to shake with ice as it chills the cocktail and slightly dilutes the sweet components. We didn't have ice, so I stirred the ingredients in a chilled carafe and poured over chilled glasses with whiskey stones. The cocktails were a bit too sweet and syrupy, but still very tasty.
Take a look at this speedy little recap video on Instagram

Enjoy!

No comments: