Dinners typically follow the format of a grilled/roasted protein and vegetable-based side. I know starches are usually the third part of this trifecta, but gluten-free grains or carbs don't always have to make an appearance to make a fulfilling meal.
It's the last basket of the Spring Quarter!
- (1) bunch scallion
- (3) bunch late Spring Walla Walla onions
- (1) bunch cilantro
- (1) bunch black kale
- (2) bunch red kale
- (1) bunch beets with tops
- (1) bunch baby turnips with tops
- (1) bunch rainbow chard
- (2) bunch collard greens
- (2) large zucchinis
- (2) cucumbers
- (3) apples
- (2) tangerines
- (1) bunch broccoli
- (1) fennel with tops
- (2) avocados
Video: Here's a look at all the produce I get for just $35 every other week. Produce is harvested on the same day. Now, that's fresh!
Meal PlanHere's what I'll be making for the next two weeks:
Recipes marked with an * are from my latest book purchase called My Viring Diet Cookbook by
Rebecca Lorraine. Recipes are gluten-free, soy-free, egg-free, corn-free, peanut-free, and sugar-free.
DinnersSunday: Seollung tang (Korean beef noodle soup) sans noodles at Young Dong Note: Contains MSG
Monday: Esther visits from South Bay Balsamic oregano chicken*, cilantro lime rice, and sweet kale salad with Oro Blanco
Tuesday: Turkey sausage, kale, & white bean soup*
Wednesday: Sweet potato fried rice with leftover chicken, cubed
Thursday: Butternut squash "mac" and cheese, sweet kale salad mix, slow-cooker collard greens (plus beet greens) I used vegan (dairy-free), soy free cheese, but you are welcome to use dairy cheese (I would if I could!)
Friday: Dijon & herb roasted chicken; rainbow chard with pistachios & mint
Saturday: Homemade Japanese ramen workshop at LA's Food Story for Mel's Bachelorette Party Soy-free tonkotsu (pork) broth with 100% buckwheat noodles
Photo: Monday's Dinner for Esther
Sunday: L&L BBQ's grilled chicken salad with no dressing; brown & white rice
Monday: BJ's for DHL's Birthday
Tuesday: Soy-free, gluten-free teriyaki salmon & scallion pancakes (saving a couple for Friday)
Wednesday: Grilled steaks with cilantro chimichurri, grilled Walla Walla spring onions
Thursday: Haein visits for Fennel-crusted pork chops; balsamic-glazed roasted baby turnips
Friday: Quinoa bowl with broccoli, cashews, and vegan soy-free cheese; roasted chicken
Saturday: Sonya's Bachelorette Party at Faith & Flower Braised lamb shoulder, whole Red Tai Snapper, raw oysters with pink peppercorn mignonette, butter lettuce salad
Photo: My good friends, DHL & Stella (I did makeup for both of them for their engagement shoot) Happy Birthday, DHL!
|Photo Credit: Soulmate Wedding Photography|
Photo: Ramen in tonkotsu broth with chashu pork and soft-boiled egg. Note: This version contains soy, gluten, and eggs.
- Simple Sunday Brunch Natalie & Rina Visit
- Sunny-side egg (for guests), bacon, arugula salad in lemon vinaigrette, yogurt parfaits with organic strawberries and blackberries
- Gluten-free Rice Chex with Rice Dream organic unsweetened rice milk
- Raw avocado with pink Himalayan sea salt
- Spring Cooler: Fuji apple, cucumber, ginger root, sweet mint
- Green Juice: Red kale, cucumber, lemon
- Green Juice: Black kale, cucumber, apples
- Banana, Date, & Cashew Smoothie with Vega Sport vanilla protein powder (requires overnight prep)
- Homemade coconut yogurt with fresh berries
Photo: Fresh "coyo" with berries
- Roasted beets with red kale salad
- Black kale with avocado & pickled red onion salad with bacon
- Red kale salad with cranberries & pine nuts with roasted chicken
- Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock: Turnip greens, flat leaf parsley, kohlrabi, fennel, kale stems, onion, garlic, dark greens of scallions & spring onions, peppercorns
- Fennel tops for seafood stock (when I have fish bones or shrimp shells on hand)
|Raw Kale Chips from Mother's Market (Deli Section)|
How do you like my new meal plan format? Tell me what you think by commenting below.