Monday, May 19, 2014

Meal Plan | May 2014 (Part II)

Ever since I found out about my food intolerances, I have been feverishly scouring Bloglovin. I definitely sleep later at night than I should because I'm searching for bloggers who cook the way I need to eat and make it look easy.

My stream of consciousness: I discovered nutritional yeast. You can add it to nuts to make vegan cheese! I introduced my pastry chef sister to egg-less chia eggs. I finally visited the restaurant where she works. I was reminded, yet again, that the Vitamix does NOT cook soups, even though they claim it does--unless you enjoy the raw taste of warm garlic and vegetables. I saw a garlic plant in its whole form for the first time.

Hubby & I celebrated our 3rd anniversary. Hurray!
Photo Credit: Mollie Jane Photography
South Coast Farms CSA
Organic Garlic Plant
Please read on for my meal plan.

Meal Plan

Dinner

Sunday: Burger Parlor with Esther & Jason Parlor burger, no extra seasoning, protein style (gluten-free), no special sauce (contains gluten), add pickles and fresh cut French Fries  
Monday: Vegan "Fettuccine Alfredo" - zucchini noodles with non-dairy creamy cauliflower sauce
Tuesday Hubby was out, which meant Gluten-free cereal with blueberries & almond milk
Wednesday Anniversary Dinner at Republique (Los Angeles) Raw oysters, octopus salad, striped bass with seasonal vegetables, Prosecco
Thursday: My sad excuse for a meal as I was rushing to yoga class Vega bar, 8 slices of uncured soprestta, egg-free paleo cookie, coconut water
Friday:  Pan-roasted chicken with Marcona Almond "Parmesan," cauliflower rice
Saturday: Dinner with Alex & Grace at Green Bliss Cafe Curried chickpea salad sandwich on gluten-free bread

Zucchini noodles with creamy cauliflower sauce, vegan parmesan cheese
Vegan Fettuccine with "Parm"
Gluten-free, dairy-free Branzino at Republique Restaurant in LA
My Entree at Republique
Photo in front of the Layer Cake Bakery planter wall
Double date with Alex & Grace before they tie the knot!
NYC Engagement Shoot
Our good friend, Alex, with his sweet fiancé, Grace

Lunch

Saturday: Lunch with Diana at Rice (Manhattan Beach) Gluten-free tempura with vegan shiso aioli (in place of ponzu sauce), tuna rolls with kale chips served with shio-koji (in place of soy sauce), raspberry vegan cheesecake
Sunday: Green Bliss Cafe with Esther & Young Hee Gluten-free vegan waffle (includes xanthan gum which comes from corn) 
Monday:  Sorry, I don't remember
Tuesday: Pho House with sis Vermicelli with soy-free chicken & shrimp (sans egg rolls)
Wednesday: Green2Go with Hubby Bison burger protein-style Check out my Yelp review
Thursday: On the way to work, stopped by In-N-Out Hamburger protein-style with whole grilled onions (no special sauce) + unsalted fries
Friday: Julie & Rachel (future Pharm.D) visit Thai green curry with jasmine rice
Saturday: "Panda's" Wedding at Old Ranch Country Club (Seal Beach) Chicken with vegetables

Gluten-free, Vegan Japanese Tempura at Rice (Manhattan Beach, CA)
Gluten-free Tempura
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free Breakfast at Green Bliss Cafe (Fullerton, CA)
Gluten-free Vegan Waffle
Lunch at Old Ranch Country Club (Seal Beach) for diner for food allergies
Gluten-free, dairy-free lunch at a weeding

 Breakfast
  • Overnight quinoa "oats" (oat-free)
  • Quinoa flake porridge
  • Gluten-free cereal with berries & almond milk

Snacks

  • Egg-free paleo chocolate chunk cookies inspired by this recipe Thanks, Sis!
  • Organic fruit Smoothie: Apple, cucumber, baby carrots, orange juice, coconut water
  • Spa Water: Strawberries, mint, cucumbers
Vegan, gluten-free, paleo cookie with homemade almond butter
Eggless Paleo Cookie

Do you think you'll try any of these recipes?

No comments: